Trader Joe’s is my favorite. It’s easy to navigate and has so many items that are healthy and easy to make quick meals out of!
Starting at the top left corner here are the 12 Days of Trader Joe’s shortcuts:
1. Meatballs- use them with zucchini spirals and Trader Joe’s Spaghetti sauce for a beautiful meal that takes no time at all.
2. Swordfish- a versatile, not fishy protein that pairs great with the Red Pepper Spread in the bottom right corner.
3. Roast Chicken- This pre-cooked chicken can create a healthy meal in seconds. Pour the Masala Simmer Sauce and crumbled cauliflower (like rice) or with the Bruschetta Sauce, Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini, and Fresh Mozzarella.
4. Tempeh- This vegetarian protein source is quick easy and healthy. It’s fermented so it’s not only packed with protein but also full of healthy probiotics. I top it with BBQ and serve with roasted potatoes and broccoli, or top it with pasta sauce and cheese for Tempeh Pizzas.
5. Brucshetta Sauce- Great versatile sauce that can make any protein seem way more special. You could also top roasted eggplant circles or as a sauce for pizza.
6. Masala Simmer Sauce- Whoa! This sauce is so delicious. I’ll make it with shrimp or chicken and cauliflower instead of rice, green beans, carrots, and onions. A marvelous curry in seconds.
7. Red Pepper Spread- This spread is so low in calories and so tasty. Top fish with it or chicken or use it as a dip for roasted veggies.
8. Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables – Need I say more. These types of blends paired with shrimp or tempeh, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger make a delicious meal in seconds.
9. Pre-cut Veggies- Yes they cost a bit more, but if it gets you to eat right then why wouldn’t you.
10. Salad Greens- Trader Joe’s has the best price for organic salad greens. Eat more greens. Eat more greens. Salads every day or spinach in your smoothies.
11. Sparkling Water- It’s festive and tasty. I put it in a wine glass and drink it while I’m cooking dinner and it makes me feel a little full which helps me to not overeat when I do sit down for dinner. Drink this instead of wine, soda, sweet tea.
12. Pre-portioned Almonds- We all tend to eat a bit too much when it comes to nuts. So these bags are so helpful. Plus studies have shown that dieters who eat almonds as a snack are more likely to be successful at weight loss. This is probably because of the healthy fats and the fact that if you have a snack then you won’t be ravished by dinner and overeat.
I rarely use store bought sauces or dressing. I just believe that home-made is better for my health, cheaper, and more satisfying. But Tj’s is the ultimate exception. These shortcuts are better than eating out when you are in a rush, better than skipping meals, and less expensive.
Click here to purchase access to the cookbook if you don’t already have access-Plus you get a 7 Day Meal Plan
Do you have any favorites that I didn’t mention? Do you make any other meals with the items I did include? Please share in the comments below!