Has summer got you completely off schedule? Vacations, super hot humid weather, crazy schedule with your kids….
With the start of September we can look forward to cooler days, kids back to school, and less traveling.
I think this is a perfect time to think about getting on or back on a schedule/routine! Look at your calendar and find the times that you can exercise, go healthy grocery shopping, and relax. With a plan, you will be way more likely to follow through. Here are a few tips to make your routine stick this fall!
1. Include family and friends. This way it doesn’t feel like you are missing out on time with them. Your kids can walk to the park, your husband can tell you about his day on a bike ride.
2. Create a meal plan for the week. Create a grocery list to go with it. Then actually go to the frickn’ store! This will eliminate extra trips to the store or unplanned dining out (where the calories and health factor go out the window).
3. Don’t try to do more than what you know is reasonable. This is so obvious, but we all struggle with it. Make your goals realistic. This applies to your workouts, and to your social calendar. If you know that hosting a family party is more stress than you can handle this week, than just say no, or schedule it for the following week.
4. Ask for help. If you are overwhelmed or unsure of how to get started then ask someone to help. An outside perspective can be like a light in a pitch black cave. A dietician, a personal trainer, a financial adviser. We can’t be an expert at everything…
5. Remember that if you are really short on time, even a 15-20 minute workout will help to boost your mood, metabolism, and increase your overall health.
Try these workouts when time is short: