This is such a wonderful time! Be sure to enjoy it, because it is only once a year! However it doesn’t mean that you have a pass to overindulge. Check out these tips to make your holiday a healthy one.
1. Time management: Be sure to allow time for yourself along with all the other obligations you will have.
2. Make a plan: Plan for eating a light lunch before holiday meals so that you are not ravenous by the time you arrive at dinner. Plan for your workouts, whether they are at the gym or a mini 20 minute workout at home.
3. Check out the entire buffet of food before you dish out your plate. Choose the best options and small amounts of your favorites.
4. Be conscious of how much alcohol you drink. These calories can add up very fast. Instead choose tea, or sparkling water.
5. Bring a healthy dish to pass and ask others to do the same.
6. Keep a healthy snack in your purse or at your desk. This way, when holiday treats show up at your office, you can munch on something healthy and skip the high calorie cookies.
7. Manage your stress. Remember that stress can add to excess calorie consumption, and weight gain. So, be sure to only schedule what you can handle, ask for help, and keep things simple.
Your health is worth it! Make an effort to stay healthy this holiday season! Also give yourself a little slack. Don’t try to lose weight just try to maintain and moderate.
Resources for healthier versions of your favorite holiday dishes: